SPECIAL PROJECT INDIA MENU
THE TAJ MAHAL WEB TREASURE HUNT * LET'S GO! * QUESTIONS 1 - 25 (every question = 10 points).
Have you read the INSTRUCTIONS given in the instruction pages CAREFULLY?
If so let's go!
Click now on TAJ MAHAL NET
QUESTIONS 1 - 25 (every question = 10 points).
1. How were most Mughal tombs entered?
2. What is the colour of the sandstone which envelopes the main mausoleum?
3. Where do the royal tombs lie in relation to the forecourt?
4. What is the name of the area directly outside the forecourt of the Taj?
5. What was this area prior to the construction of the Taj Mahal?
6. How is the area referred to?
7. Why was it named in this way?
8. What is the name of the building which separates the gardens from the forecourt?
9. What was the reason for its construction?
10. What could you find around the south door of the gateway?
11. What did the calligrapher, Amanat Khan, use there?
12. What are the decorative scheme and motifs based on?
13. What does the calligraphy make reference to?
14. What are flowers seen as?
15. What are indications of divine harmony and peace?
16. What is the name of the Taj Mahal disease?
17. If not cleaned, what colour would the Taj Mahal be?
18. What did the Supreme Court rule in 1993?
19. As a consequence, what did UNESCO decide in 1998?
20. How many people live in Agra and its surroundings?
21. What was the promise Mumtaz Mahal made to his beloved wife on her deathbed?
22. Who visited the mausoleum in 1992?
23. Why was the visit interpreted as “a statement of her solitude”?
24. What is the word “Paradise” derived from?
25. What did the gardens represent? .............................
V. Augusseau / V. Gély - www.my-english-courses.com "Special project INDIA" * Copyright 2005-2008 - France